Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This weekend was a good one - after a quiet, relaxing Shabbos, we had some of my work friends over for lunch on Sunday. It was nice to have Joey finally meet people who I speak to all the time! Plus I hadnt seen them in a while, so it was nice to catch up.

I made a spread and was able to use all my dairy dishes [The twist collection of Bea, Clea, Dora and Anna] which is always fun and I discovered that my platter looks really good with watermelon, honeydew and pineapple because of the colors! It was nice to relax and hang out. It also was the first time I used my chicken salt and pepper shakers (or rather, just the salt because I didnt have a funnel for the pepper). It was a great, relaxing weekend!

Yesterday I went to get new glasses. They convinced me not to get the same pair I have now (which I personally love) and I got something which they say is a little trendier, but still classes. Its very similiar to what I have now but the frames are a little thicker. I also sprung for the $60 anti-glare coating because I sit in front of a computer a lot! So I figure it would be helpful for my eyes. Add in $25 for upgraded frames and my free glasses turned out to be $85! But I guess that is still pretty cheap when you consider the frames alone really cost $200 without the lenses....I will post a picture when they are ready.

No comments: